Adult and Elder Care Consultations
Caregiving takes many forms. Many of us help family members or friends who are sick, disabled, aging, or in need of other types of assistance. Whether we have been caregivers over a long period of time or the need arose suddenly, the integration of caregiving, work, and family can be a challenge.
Adult and elder care consultations are available to all types of caregivers at any stage of caregiving, no matter your need, role, or physical location. Caregiving consultations are confidential and designed to assist eligible employees and students navigate valuable services, information, and resources.
Consultations include a comprehensive review of your loved one's needs and a customized care plan with:
- A determination of your role as a caregiver and identification of your caregiving team
- Specific resources and support services based on your loved one's needs
- Practical caregiving strategies
- Referral of additional services available through ComPsych including financial, legal, relocation and caregiving
- Important questions and considerations to review
- An exploration of self-care options
- A course of action with next steps
- For long-distance caregiving, specific resource navigation, including communication, and participation in care
Schedule: Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m.–4:00 pm
Delivery: Virtual & In-person options
Length: Initial Consultation, 60 minutes
"The needs in my family change rapidly, and the team there is always quick to adapt. I receive well-researched options for whatever I need, and the team consistently follows up to ensure I'm doing ok. With the challenge of caring for adults, it's really nice to know that, when you work here, you're not alone."
— Andy Ober Assistant Director, News Communications