Employee Assistance Counseling
Are you struggling with anxiety or depression? Dealing with grief or loss? Need help managing stress or feelings of burnout? Or are you just looking to develop your communication skills in a safe and supportive environment?
Life is full of challenges, and we all need help handling them sometimes. Life & Work Connections provides diverse entry points to help you build your resilience and strengthen the skills you need to address those challenges.
Free, confidential short-term counseling is available to all benefits-eligible employees, their dependents, and members of their households through ComPsych.
This support includes:
- Up to 12 counseling sessions per issue per year.
- Extended appointment times, including evenings and weekends.
- A diverse, statewide network of providers, giving you the flexibility to select a provider who meets your cultural, clinical, and location preferences.
- A range of service modes, including in-person, phone, video, and chat options.
- English- and/or Spanish-speaking counselors, and translation services for other languages.
Through Insurance Providers
Please visit the Arizona Department of Administration website for details.
If you or someone you know is an immediate suicidal crisis or emergency, call 911. Ask for a crisis intervention trained, or CIT, officer.
The counselors at Life & Work Connections offer workshops and webinars on a variety of mental health and emotional well-being topics to support University of Arizona employees in making constructive changes in their lives.
Recent offerings have included programming on cultivating a positive mindset, fostering resilience in family systems, and understanding the effects of trauma in the workplace.