Wellness Ambassadors are employee volunteers who play a key role in promoting workplace wellness and strengthening a culture of well-being at the University of Arizona. Serving as liaisons between individual units and Life & Work Connections, Wellness Ambassadors are able to guide and energize wellness initiatives on the local level.
Benefits for departments
Our collective health and wellness are fundamental to creating a world where human potential is realized. By taking part in the Wellness Ambassadors program, individual departments and units help foster an environment in which employees can thrive. Wellness Ambassadors provide their units with:
- Regular communications about wellness initiatives, opportunities, and resources
- Assistance in generating and developing ideas to meet local wellness needs and interests
- Support in the coordination and implementation of wellness activities (e.g., walking groups, health challenges, mindfulness breaks)
- Encouragement to co-workers interested in participating in University wellness initiatives
Benefits for volunteers
Wellness Ambassadors don't have to run marathons or climb mountains. They just have to want to promote a multidimensional idea of wellness and to serve as a positive influence on their colleagues.
Perks for ambassadors include:
- Ongoing training and support from Life & Work Connections
- Early access to Life & Work Connections workshops and trainings
- Opportunities to network with other Wellness Ambassadors
- And much more!